Saturday, January 2, 2016

Christmas Companions

Twas the night before Christmas and all through the mall,
     Everyone was hurrying  to get in thier last haul.
Though I with some reason, had no shopping to do, 
     Decided to get out and find a non pigmented hue.
Yet when I was done found no reason to go home
     So into the madness of malling I did roam.
"Santa House"- watercolor w/micron
Gathering mocha from the bookstore to warm my insides, 
     I looked for a place from the crowds to hide.
Find what I would was a long line of kids, 
     Tucked between parents and aunties and rivalry mids.
To see the great Santa and share some dreams,
     Placed upon the knee of the bewildered man some screamed.
"Santa Land"- watercolor w/micron
The girl in white with her squeaky toy tried to distract,
     But to some children strangers were a scary fact.
They passed through like cattle for hours on end,
     While I with my watercolors was starting to blend.
As the page became filled I had an audience of my own,
     For my efforts and patience with time they had sown.                                                                                          
                                                                                  An urban sketch of the scene was a gift to myself,
                                                                                        Cancelled the madness and lack of wealth.
                                                                                    A much deeper message of spiritual growth,
                                                                                         Was the reason for season in the presence of the holy ghost.


No comments:

Post a Comment